Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Ramadan

Ramadan Mubarak :)

After much anticipation Ramadan has finally arrived alhamdullilah and I thought I would share my feelings about Ramadan along with some tips I have picked up over the years and what I will be doing over the month.

How I feel about Ramadan
Tbh, this year I'm both nervous and excited. The past two years I have been only excited and for some reason this year and I don't know why, I'm anxious! I'm hoping this will pass when it has begun properly and that my worries were only over the starvation part of Ramadan! Also I guess it's hard for me, fasting here more or less on my own so I don't really have many people around me to know how it feels or to discuss Ramadan itself. But Inshallah I will be rewarded and Allah will help me through my struggles.

Tips
1. Make sure you eat your suhoor meal! (but don't eat too much or you will feel rubbish ha)
2. Give to charity (whether you do something for your community or give to an established charity)
3. Spend time with family and close friends 
4. Read Qur'an
5. Learn more about Islam (do some research, take this opportunity to get closer to your religion and god)
6. Try not to sleep through it all! (I know it's tempting but maybe try an afternoon nap instead)
7. Don't spend your days doing useless things or doing too much exercise (Internet, games, tv) 
8. Plan your day in advance (Around prayer times and Maghrib)
9. Break your fast with dates and milk (Traditional but done so for health reasons too)
10. Enjoy your Ramadan and make the most of it!

Remember, I'm no expert... this is just what I personally follow and think are good ideas :)

My Ramadan
During my Ramadan I'm obviously going to be doing the usual things that are required but for myself I have a few things I really want to make sure I achieve before the month ends inshallah.
- Improve my prayer technique
- Try to read the Qur'an
- Observe modest dress
- Learn more about my religion
- Pray on time
Plus a few other things :)

I'm hoping to post some recipes and other bits and bobs throughout Ramadan just to let you all know how I am getting along!

I hope you all have a blessed Ramadan and that Allah will help and protect you all during this time.

Ramadan Kareem

Toodles x


2 comments:

Iqra said...

some great tips there! Jazka'Allah khair ^_^ do you have a bloglovin account? I'm new to blogging and I don't know how GFC works, so I like to use bloglovin to keep track of my favorite blogs, if you do please do follow me on there @theblushinggiraffe and I'll follow back :')

Unknown said...

Hey thanksss
I only have this google account thing... Lol I'm new to blogging too so have no idea how to do anything!
I accepted u and I think I followed u back on google+
Hope it worked! :)

Post a Comment