Ok so the time of year has come for Muslims... Ramadan.
For those who don't know Ramadan is the holy month in Islam where followers fast from Sunrise until Sunset, meaning no food or water!
Not only this but Muslims are expected to read Qur'an, give to charity and to obviously pray Salat amongst other things.
I'm not gonna go into detail about why we do this, except that it is one of the five pillars, the rest you can research for yourself :).
Anyway, as Ramadan is less than a week away now I'm both nervous and excited.
This will be my third Ramadan and I'm not sure that it gets any easier the longer you have been doing it.
Living in a 'White' area, it's difficult for others to understand what it involves and this is especially true for my friends who ask me to go out to eat or go to the gym which I obviously can't do.
Anyway despite the struggles I know I will be rewarded for it and I am looking forward to it.
The month has a feeling that can't be described to non-believers, perhaps 'calming' is the best way to put it.
Inshallah this Ramadan will go well for me and I will continue on my journey of Islam and keep on learning... I still have a long way to go!
Toodles x

No comments:
Post a Comment